5.28.2013

Scrumptious beet and greens pasta

I came across this recipe on Pinterest and just knew I had to try my own version with all the amazing produce at our local market. So here's my version:

1 Henry's Organic spring garlic, chopped
1 Henry's Organic red onion, chopped
2 Tablespoons 365 Organic Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Organic Valley grass fed butter
Henry's Organic Small bunch beets with greens attached...remove and wash greens, wash, peel and chop beets (I used golden and red)
Lake Breeze Organics baby carrots
365 Organic Farfalle pasta
Himalayan salt, to taste

Boil water in pasta pot, add beets and carrots, boil about 10 minutes. At same, sauté spring garlic and red onion in 2Tbsp olive oil, about ten minutes on med-low. Add beet greens and butter, sauté about 5-8 minutes. Remove beets and carrots, bring water bake to boil. Add pasta, cook until al dente, about 12 minutes for the kid I used. ( don't worry, the pasta won't turn pink from the water) Drain pasta, mix everything together, add a dash of Himalayan salt (see benefits for this salt here) and enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Carrots are a great idea :) Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My little man (2years) kept taking them from everyone else, lol. That kid loves his carrots!

    ReplyDelete