5.19.2013

Green Festival - Chicago 2013

Since college I have wanted to attend the green festival, but, alas, I did not live near a large enough city. So I was SUPER STOKED to be able to attend this year now that we are in a host city!
I was not disappointed! We made a family event of it, enjoying some delicious vegan food too! For those of you in the Chicagoland area I highly recommend both Chicago Diner and B' Gabs Goodies. The table favorite (even with my 2 year old) was B'Gabs raw taco...yum!
All of the many vendors had lots to share and sample. Free Dr. Bronner Soaps and Vegetarian Times magazine?! This green family was in heaven! It was also a great teaching moment for my 4 year old about the attempt to make as little waste possible at the festival by the way they had the waste areas set. There was a compost, recycle and landfill bin and she was fascinated to see so many things that could be composted. (I feel a future family project coming on...)
Ford was a sponsor as well and they had and electric hybrid demoed. I just loved the visual of all the products the car door is made from...yet another teaching moment:-)
Oh! And I discovered ORETHICS brand: menstruation products, cloth diapers, swim diapers, etc. please check out and support this business. Her products are not only green, they are crazy cute too! Feminine hygiene is an area that really needs greening and I'll back her for making a step in the right direction. But hygiene is a post all it's own...we'll get there!

So, if you are ever in the Chicago area, or any of the Green Festival locations, check it out! It's well worth it and great for the family:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment