4.08.2011

Foodie Friday

Tonight I hosted a Pampered Chef party and I just have to share the wonderful recipe we made because it was 1) super easy 2) very kid friendly and 3) easy to make organic! A BIG thank you to the wonderful ladies that attended and the wonderful consultants that ran the show, I know I had a blast.

We made Apple Berry Salsa with Cinnamon Sugar Chips and it is a very quick fix, works for a vegetarian, raw foodie or vegan, and kids and adults will love how fresh and colorful it looks and tastes! I know I am adding it the the menu planning for my youngest sprout's first birthday:-)

Apple Berry Salsa

2 medium granny smith apples
1 pint strawberries, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
2 kiwi, peeled and diced
1 small orange
2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp apple or apricot jelly or jam

Basically you peel and dice everything up (of course using Pampered Chef's great products like the apple slicer, the manual food processor, etc.) Then you zest the orange and juice the orange, add the brown sugar and the jam and mix it all together. And you have a quick, yummy, healthy snack! It's only 30 calories for 3 Tbsp.!

Serve it with the chips that you create by cutting tortillas into wedges, brushing with water, sprinkling with cinnamon/sugar and baking in the oven until crisp. (use the awesome stoneware for this!)

Remember to go local and organic wherever possible!

Also, chew on this: Pampered Chef is going greener! I was very impressed to learn this evening that alot of their products are going BPA free or glass (my favorite!) and they have a wonderful (fairly new) bamboo line of servingwares and more! So if you are in need of kitchen gizmos and tools click here (especially if you're in the Lexington, SC area)

No comments:

Post a Comment