5.01.2011

Sunday's Eco Inspiration

"But what happens when we live God's way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely." ~ The Message  

I came across this on one of my favorite blog's Dulce de leche and this translation of Galatians 5:22-23 really struck a cord with me. She relates it to parenting (which I totally see and agree with) but I love that it says, "...and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people." To me this speaks volumes to the reiteration that God is the Creator and that He cares about ALL of creation.
As we, "...direct our energies wisely..." let us not only show compassion and commitment to people, but to Creation as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment