7.08.2013

Godly Play: The Parable of The Sower

Recently I became the children's coordinator at our church, Urban Village Church - Andersonville. I am absolutely LOVING it! Can you say dream job?! Montessori style Godly Play lessons, amazing team, great kids, and working wonderfully with the Children's director and our site pastor...I am so honored to be even a small part of this amazing body and these kids lives.
Urban Village Church
Anyway, today's lesson was on the Parable of The Sower. Let me say it was so cute, the kids had never heard the word sower before...even the older ones. They thought I meant sewing or sewer. So we got an impromptu vocab lesson too. I was able to create our materials thanks to Pinterest and a little creativity...and I just had to share! It was too simple not to!

For the birds and the sower I printed clip art, colored it and gave it my cheap lamination...clear packing tape! The mat is just brown felt laid out. Then I used people's for the rocks, pipe cleaners to make thorns and instant coffee on felt "laminated" for the good soil. Then with a few felt scraps the bushels came to be. I just cut three squares, growing in size, stuffed each with a bit of plastic shopping bag, tied with embossing thread...voila, 30, 60, 100 fold bushels.

For the storage my wonderful hubby painted a shoe box gold for me. The best part? Whether your homeschooling, teach Sunday school, etc. this is every inexpensive (free if you have as much crafty things as this eco-momma) and so worth it!

Hope you enjoy! Remember, an art scrap could just become a bushel in a parable...don't toss it! Repurpose! And eco-live and laugh!




No comments:

Post a Comment